Do you want to stay in Valencia, or in any other wonderful city under the country of Spain? Wondering if you need to get a Spain Visa or not? If so, what are the requirements? Here are some quick information on Spain Visa that may help you out.
Who needs to get a Spain Visa?
Depending on your nationality, you may or may not be required to get a Spain Visa. For one thing, citizens from the European Union are not required to get a Spain Visa because they already have the right to residency in any country belonging to the European Union. However, for those who want to become a citizen of Spain, they need to go and apply for a NIE (Número de Identidad de Extranjero) and a residency card (Tarjeta de Residence Comunitario). For the rest of the world’s citizens who do not belong to the European Union, then they do need to get a Spain Visa. If you are one of those who don’t live in a European Union country, then you will need to get a visa to visit, work, and study in Spain. However, there are some countries that have special agreements with Spain.
The following countries, Andorra, Australia, Brunei, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Gibraltar, Grenada, Hungary, Iceland, Israel, Japan, South Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Malaysia, Malta, Monaco, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia and Switzerland, have special agreements with Spain, stating that the citizens belonging to these countries can enter Spain and stay up to ninety-days in any six-month period.
What are the requirements in getting a Spain Visa?
Any application for a visa to Spain would require several documents to present. Below are things to further enlighten you on what you must prepare to travel Spain. Note though that these documents have to be submitted personally.
- Passport valid for a minimum of six months and three photocopies of the personal information and photo page.
- Original copy of your medical insurance.
- An original copy of the medical certificate signed by a medical professional proving that you are free from any mental illness or drug addiction. This should put in the Spanish language (a translation, at least).
- Police clearance or a certification of good conduct which must also be translated in Spanish.
- If married, you need to show the original certificate of marriage.
- 4 passport-size of your photo taken recently.